Account for Family Planning Workshop
Benefit Dinner to Support Survivors of Human Trafficking
SUPPORTING OUR SURVIVORS - a benefit
dinner for survivors of human trafficking will be held at the Silver
Legacy Casino in Reno on Thursday, August 23, 2018 beginning at 5:30 PM.
The event will feature an auction, live music, dinner, and speakers, and is being
presented by the Nevada Office of the Attorney General, the Nevada
Trucking Association, and Soroptimist International. Guest speakers include Attorney General Adam Laxalt,
Assemblyman Mike Sprinkle, and Andi Guevara, KTVN Reno.
DATE: Thursday, August 23, 2018 at 5:30 pm
LOCATION: The Silver Legacy Casino, 407 North Virginia Street
COST: $75 per person or $700 for a table of 10
SPONSORSHIPS: Start at $2,500
To purchase tickets please visit https://www.NevadaTrucking.com/
All proceeds are deposited to the
Contingency Account for Victims of Human Trafficking to support
survivors of human trafficking.
Financial Workshop - January 20, 2018
Financial Re$olutions is a free event sponsored by Financial Guidance Center; the City of Las Vegas; the Office of the Attorney General; and Home Again, the Nevada homeowner relief program. Learn about foreclosure prevention, Hardest Hit funds/NAHAC, debt management, credit restoration, and down payment assistance. The event will be held on January 20, 2018 from 9 AM to 1 PM at the East Las Vegas Community Community Center, 250 N Eastern Avenue, Las Vegas NV 89101. Additional information is included on the flyer (link below).
Christmas Angel Program: Southern Nevadans can register for holiday assistance from the Salvation Army at https://www.salvationarmysouthernnevada.org/christmas-assistance-registration. In Northern Nevada, contact the Salvation Army in Reno at http://reno.salvationarmy.org/.
January Marks National Human Trafficking Prevention Month
By Presidential Proclamation, January is National Slavery and Human Trafficking Prevention Month. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is asking for help to end trafficking in our communities. Learn how to recognize the signs of human trafficking and how to report suspected trafficking by visiting the DHS website at https://www.dhs.gov/blog/2017/01/03/january-national-slavery-and-human-trafficking-prevention-month-join-fight.
The Grant Management Unit (formerly the Office of Community Partnerships and Grants), in conjunction with the Director's Office and the Division of Health Care Financing and Policy, held a public workshop on Wednesday, November 29, 2017. The workshop discussed Medicaid-billable services and how to receive reimbursement for those services as a Nevada Medicaid provider.
Trafficking in Persons Report 2017
June, 2017 - The US Department of State has released its Trafficking in Persons Report 2017.This year's theme is increasing criminal accountability of human traffickers and addressing challenges in prosecution, a component of the 3-P paradigm of persecution, protection, and prevention.
The report is available on the Dept. of State website in PDF and HTML formats, along with a wide variety of fact sheets, including:
Trafficking in Persons Report 2017 Webpage
Governor Sandoval's State of the State Address
Governor Sandoval's 2017 State of the State Address has been posted online at http://gov.nv.gov/About/state-of-the-State/. You can choose to view a video or a written script, available in English and Spanish.
One Conversation Can Change a Life
September is National Suicide Prevention Awareness Month, promoting resources and awareness around the issues of suicide prevention, how you can help others and how to talk about suicide without increasing the risk of harm. Find out more at:
News in the Department of Health & Human Services
- August 2019 - The Office of Community Partnerships and Grants has changed its name back to Grant Management Unit (GMU).
- June 2018 - The Office of Community Partnerships and Grants will be closing the Las Vegas office effective July 2, 2018. All grant management and support positions have been geographically transferred to Carson City.
- March 2016 - The Grants Management Unit (GMU) has changed its name to the Office of Community Partnerships and Grants (OCPG), which more accurately reflects the scope of its work. Its mission, vision and guiding principles are included on the OCPG front page.
- The Differential Response (DR) program is transitioning from the Director's Office Grants Management Unit (GMU) to the Division of Child and Family Services (DCFS). Fiscal administration of the grants will remain with the GMU. Program administration will transfer to designated DCFS program staff beginning January 15, 2016.
- Richard Whitley Appointed Director of DHHS (Press Release, Governor's Office 6-15-15)
- The Office of Food Security, originating within the Grants Management Unit, will transfer out of the Unit, while remaining within the Director's Office of the Department of Health and Human Services. The change is effective September 12, 2014.