Governor Sandoval's State of the State Address
Governor Sandoval's 2017 State of the State Address has been posted online at http://gov.nv.gov/About/state-of-the-State/. You can choose to view a video or a written script, available in English and Spanish.
One Conversation Can Change a Life
September is National Suicide Prevention Awareness Month, promoting resources and awareness around the issues of suicide prevention, how you can help others and how to talk about suicide without increasing the risk of harm. Find out more at:
News in the Department of Health & Human Services
- March 2016 - The Grants Management Unit (GMU) has changed its name to the Office of Community Partnerships and Grants (OCPG), which more accurately reflects the scope of its work. Its mission, vision and guiding principles are included on the OCPG front page.
- The Differential Response (DR) program is transitioning from the Director's Office Grants Management Unit (GMU) to the Division of Child and Family Services (DCFS). Fiscal administration of the FY16 grants will remain with the GMU until the end of the 2016 fiscal year. Program administration will transfer to designated DCFS program staff beginning January 15, 2016.
- Richard Whitley Appointed Director of DHHS (Press Release, Governor's Office 6-15-15)
- DHHS announces new Deputy Director of Programs, Dena Schmidt. (September 15, 2014)
- The Office of Food Security, originating within the Grants Management Unit, will transfer out of the Unit, while remaining within the Director's Office of the Department of Health and Human Services. The change is effective September 12, 2014.