Grants Management Advisory Committee (GMAC)
Created under NRS 232.383, the Grants Management Advisory Committee (GMAC) consists of fifteen (15) members appointed by the Director of the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS).
Duties outlined in statute are to:
- Review requests for monetary grant awards to agencies that provide services to persons;
- Submit recommendations concerning each funding request to the Director;
- Adopt policies setting forth criteria for determining funding recommendations;
- Monitor monetary grant awards;
- Assist Department staff in determining the needs of local communities and in setting priorities for funding programs administered by the Department;
- Consider funding strategies for the Department and make recommendations concerning funding strategies to the Director.