Early Childhood Special Education Library
One of the resources available to families, professionals, educators, and staff working with young children with disabilities, and their families is the resource library located in the IDEA Part C office. This library contains hundreds of books, articles, DVDs, and other materials regarding children, families, disabilities, and education. The library is funded by the Nevada Department of Health & Human Services, IDEA Part C Office. This library is available for use statewide; individuals can come in and browse the library or request materials via mail. The Nevada Early Intervention Family Newsletter Archive is located at the bottom of this page.
Library Policy and Procedures
- Normal Work Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, or by appointment.
- Point of Contact: Dan Dinnell, Information Specialist and Library Coordinator
- To order materials, email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the title and if possible the page in the catalogue.
- Checkout period: One month
- Limit: Three Items
- Users: Families, Individuals working in State-operated, State supported, University or County School District Programs, or other Community Collaboratives working with young children with special needs.
- Renewals: Materials renewable for one additional month only. Please call to renew materials.
- Lost Items: Payment for lost items are the responsibility of individual and or agency borrowing materials.
- Mailed Items: Return mailing to be paid for by borrowers.
Guidelines for Library Use
- Check Out Procedure - You may write or call in your request for materials. Please include: your name, address, and phone number. Also include: Title, author of the items, and the page number in the catalogue where each item you wish to borrow is found. Your request will be filled within one week.
- Unavailable Materials - If an item you are requesting is checked out, you will be notified by mail or phone and informed of the item's due date. We will hold your request pending the return of the item(s) requested that are not available.
- Due Dates - The lending period is for 1 (one) months from the day the item is shipped. So that materials are readily available to the network, it is important that due dates are observed.
- Renewal - You may renew an item if no one is waiting for the item. (We will maintain a waiting list.) You may renew an item once for a period of 1 (one) month. Call (775) 687-0588 to renew materials.
- Past Due - If an item has not been received 5 (Five) days after the due date, you will receive a written past due notice as well as a telephone reminder. The borrower will be billed for items not received 30 (thirty) days after the due date. If library materials are not returned or replaced, you will not be allowed to use the library in the future.
- Check Out Limit - So that we can make as many items as possible available to the network at all times, we ask that you check out no more than 3 (Three) items at one time. We will not ship out additional requests until previously loaned materials are returned.
- Damaged/Lost Materials - Our library has many items which are one-of-a-kind or out of print, therefore it is imperative that great care is taken to return all items in the same condition as they were when sent to you. These items have been inspected and shipped in good condition. Upon receiving these items, you are responsible for any damage or loss that may occur while in your possession.
Nevada Early Intervention Family Newsletter Archive
Early Childhood Special Education Resource Library
Dan Dinnell - State Family Resource Coordinator
Project ASSIST toll free: 1 (800) 522-0066
Phone: (775) 687-0588