Contingency Account for Victims of Human Trafficking
Working to Eliminate Human Trafficking
The Contingency Account for Victims of Human Trafficking was created by NRS 217.500 and became effective July 1, 2013. The legislation authorizes the Director of the Department of Health and Human Services to allocate money from the Account to nonprofit corporations and agencies and political subdivisions of this State for the purposes of establishing or providing programs and services to victims of human trafficking.
How You Can Help
Contributions are welcomed and are 100% tax-deductible.
Please make checks payable to “DHHS
– Human Trafficking Fund” and send to:
Dept. of Health and Human Services, Director's Office
Attn: Office of Community Partnerships and Grants
4126 Technology Way, Suite 100
Carson City, NV 89706
Help for Victims
The Department of Health and Human Services has implemented a policy of standardized procedures for the distribution of funds from the Contingency Account for Victims of Human Trafficking. The policy and an assistance request form can be accessed by clicking on the links below.
Please note that funds cannot be disbursed directly to individuals. If you are a victim in need of assistance in Nevada, please phone 2-1-1 to be referred to a local organization or agency that can assist you.
- The Nevada Attorney General's website includes a list of service providers for victims in Nevada, as well as contact information for reporting instances of human trafficking.
- The National Human Trafficking Resource Center provides help for victims nationwide. Call 1-888-373-7888 or text "HELP" or "INFO" to BeFree (233733). Visit the National Human Trafficking Resource Center website for more information.
- To report suspected human trafficking nationwide, contact the US Department of Homeland Security at 1-866-347-2423. For additional information, visit their Blue Campaign webpage.
- Recognizing the Signs of a Trafficking Victim, posted on TraffickedNoMore.org
- How to Identify Victims of Human Trafficking while Traveling: CNN article and video posted at CNN.com.
For information on the Contingency Account for Victims of Human Trafficking, please email the Office of Community Partnerships and Grants at GMU@dhhs.nv.gov.